White Chocolate Gingersnaps
This post is dedicated to my American friends. These tasty, tender cookies are a perfect addition to any Thanksgiving table. And Christmas? Forget about it…baking list complete!
The combination of ginger, cloves and cinnamon with white chocolate make these soft cookies a spicy-sweet treat that will quickly become a holiday family favourite.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 /2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup confectioners’ sugar
- In a medium bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until blended
- Beat in the egg, then the molasses
- Mix the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves
- Gradually add to the wet mixture and mix well (the dough will be stiff)
- Stir in white chocolate chips until well mixed
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1.5 hours
- Combine both sugars in a deep bowl
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls
- Toss in sugar mixture
- Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray
- Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until set
- Cool for a few minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Yield: 3 dozen
Happy baking & Happy Thanksgiving!