It’s time to say goodbye to 2011 and welcome 2012!
If you’re like me, you’ve traded in your party dress and champagne glass for mock (early) countdowns and child-friendly activities. Spending NYE with your kids can still be a lot of fun. Check out these fun family activities taking place in town.
NEW YEARS AT NOON
- WHERE: London Children’s Museum
- WHEN: December 31 – 10am to 2pm
- WHAT: Raise your glass and toast to the New Year 12 hours early with a Balloon Drop. Enjoy live entertainment, a light snack, and don’t forget to wear your fancy clothes. Get ready for the countdown to noon by dancing, face painting, making noise makers, party hats and much more.
- COST: Regular Children’s Museum admission
- FOR MORE INFO: www.londonchildrensmuseum.ca
Rockin’ New Years Eve
- WHERE: Victoria Park
- WHEN: December 31 – 5pm to Midnight
- My Perfect Princess Party (featuring Cinderella & Belle) – 7:15 to 7:45
- Children’s Fireworks display – 9:00
- Midnight Fireworks display – Midnight
- WHAT: Skating, balloons, party favours, hot chocolate, live entertainment, two fireworks displays and a Princess Party.
- COST: Free!
- FOR MORE INFORMATION: www.london.ca
Storybook Gardens New Year’s Eve Family Hoopla
- WHERE: Storybook Gardens
- WHEN: December 31 – 6pm to 9pm
- WHAT: A variety of outdoor activities are offered such as a campfire, skating on the skate trail, plus great food! The New Year’s countdown commences at 8:30 pm.
- COST: 2 years and up Fee: $12 (Residents) $15 (Non-Residents) Pass holders discount applies $11(R) $14(N)
- NOTE: This is a family program that requires registration and payment for each family member attending (adult and children). To register call 519-661-5575 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 519-661-5575 end_of_the_skype_highlighting. Registration code: 230754
- FOR MORE INFORMATION: www.storybook.london.ca
Public Skate at the Sports Centre
- WHERE: Western Fair District – Sport Centre
- WHEN: December 31 – 2pm to 8pm
- WHAT: Public ice skating, face painting, children’s entertainment, themed rinks and activities with a New Years Eve countdown at 8pm.
- COST: Free with Food Bank donation.
- FOR MORE INFORMATION: www.westernfairdistrict.com
However you choose to celebrate here’s to a safe and happy New Years Eve and all the best in 2012!