Review/Giveaway: The Entrepreneurial Mom’s Guide to Running Your Own Business
I’m going to ask you to take a guess at something today; in the last decade, which group, either men or women, do you think have started up more new businesses?
If you guessed women, you are correct!
That’s right ladies, it’s us! We have surpassed men in entrepreneurship’s and this is something to celebrate.
Are you an entrepreneur? Would you like to be one? Do you have a long list of businesses you’d like to take a stab at or are you already running a small business?
Whichever group you fall under you’ll appreciate The Entrepreneurial Mom’s Guide to Running Your Own Business written by Kathryn Bechthold. And today on City Mom you’ll have a chance to win your very own copy including a CD-ROM with tips and tools.
Kathryn Bechthold, founding editor of The Mompreneur Magazine, writes a very honest, realistic and sometimes humourous guide to running your own business. What’s different with this publication is the fact that Kathryn writes from experience with both successes and failures, and she isn’t afraid to talk about the ones that bombed, “…what I found most disappointing was the fact that most authors were uncomfortable discussing their flops as well as their successes. It is when we are truly challenged and life becomes really difficult that the most important lessons are learned.”
Kathryn will help you learn from her mistakes and her accomplishments and give you a step-by-step guide on how to move your business forward, get you started or help you identify when your business is broken.
She’ll arm you with the right questions to ask yourself when considering your business:
- Am I taking any money as a salary
- Am I spending time growing my business to become more profitable?
- Am I energized by what I’m doing?
- Am I properly balancing home and work life?
Kathryn has interviewed 150 women for this book. She’s included both the stories of success and the bankruptcies in an honest and matter-of-fact way. From rare inside looks at successful CEO’s like Jennifer Broe of Baby Gourmet Foods Inc. to tips on how to manage your marriage while running a demanding business to working with business partners, this book covers it all from someone who’s been through it.
With only 154 pages, an easy read, it’s amazing the amount of useful information that has been effectively included. I recommend this book for any woman who is, was or has ever thought of running her own business.
You can buy your own copy of Kathyrn Bechthold’s The Entrepreneurial Mom’s Guide to Running Your Own Business on Amazon.ca, Chapers.ca. and self-cousel.com for $23.95.
You can win your very own copy of The Entrepreneurial Mom’s Guide to Running Your Own Business with a CD-ROM of helpful tips and tools.
How to Win
Leave a comment below letting me know what being a Mompreneur means to you.
- Like City Mom on Facebook. (Leave a comment letting me know you did and under which name.)
- Follow City Mom on Google Friend Connect (Leave a comment.)
- Sign up and confirm a free City Mom subscription (top right corner)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Click on Tweet button below and leave a comment letting me know you did)
- Contest is open to Canadian residents
- Contest will run from May 11th to 20th at 6 p.m. ET
- One winner will be randomly selected by ‘And the Winner Is’
- The winner will be notified at the email address used upon entry and will have 48 hours to respond
- A new winner will be randomly selected after 48 hours should the original winner not respond