Suncoat Chemical-Free Nail Polish – 7 Days of Giveaways
Today is the second last day of the 7 Days of Giveaways Blogiversary celebration. I guess it’s true what they say, time flies when you’re having fun!
Today I’m happy to share a great organic cosmetics company with you called Suncoat.
Suncoat is a Canadian company based out of Guelph, Ontario and is the only water-based nail polish manufacturer in Canada. The company was started by Liu Yingchun (Ying), a research chemist who saw the need for a safe alternative to regular nail polish for her young daughter.
After learning of the ingredients in nail polishes like toluene, formaldehyde and alcohol, Ying developed a natural, water-based substitute. Suncoat water-based nail polish is about as natural as you can get. It is made up of 70% water, 1-3% natural colorants (namely earth pigments) and does not contain phthalates of any kind.
Phthalates are a family of industrial chemicals that are used as plastic softeners or solvents in many consumer products. They can be absorbed through the skin, inhaled as fumes and ingested. Studies have shown that phthalates can damage the liver, the kidneys, the lungs and the reproductive system, especially the developing testes.
Suncoat Girl Water-Based Nail Polish
Today Suncoat products range from nail polish to makeup to hair products. Little S and I got to test out the Suncoat Girl Water-Based Nail Polish in Delicious Peach. And we loved it. It goes on super smooth and easy and my favourite part is that it dries really quickly.
It’s tough to paint a three year-old’s nails as they can’t sit still long enough for it to dry but not in this case.
Another interesting feature is that over time the nail polish just peels off. There’s no chipping and it doesn’t leave little flakes of colour all over your house. This nail polish is virtually odor-free and releases water vapor when applied, not toxic chemical fumes.
Long-Wearing Water-Based Nail Polish
And as a treat for me I got to test out the long-wearing water-based nail polish and I also really loved it. It’s extremely long wearing. It has the same chemical-free benefits as the Suncoat Girl polish but is a longer wear and does not peel. It is the only long-lasting and quick-drying water-based nail polish product on the market.
It comes in 33 exciting shades and dries exactly like regular nail polish. Some of the colours are shown below.
Natural Nail Polish Remover
We also got to test out the 100% Soya and corn-based nail polish remover. I must say this stuff is amazing. I used it on my toes and I kid you not, I had two layers of nail polish on. One layer of bright, royal blue and one layer of red sparkle (it’s a long story) and they both came off with little effort. I was amazed.
The remover has a nice scent and is sooth and oily, not drying. I felt that I was nourishing my nails opposed to harming them.
Ingredients: ethyl lactate (from corn fermentation), methyl soyate (from Soya oil), vegetable glycerin, D-limonene (from orange)
For the local City Mom readers, Suncoat products are sold at Lyn-Dys health food store on Oxford street in London.
One lucky reader will win 2 bottles of the Suncoat Girl Water-Based Nail Polish and 2 bottles of the long-wearing Water-Based Nail Polish and one bottle of the Natural Nail Polish Remover.
First Entry (must complete before extra entries)
Visit suncoatgirl.com and tell me which colours you would select if you won.
- Like City Mom on Facebook. Leave a comment here on City Mom letting me know you did and under what name.
- Follow @suncoatproducts and @_City Mom on Twitter and tweet the following: City Mom’s 7 Days of Giveaways enter 2 win 7 great giveaways including phthalate-free nail polish at @suncoatproducts http://www.citymom.ca/?p=1875 – Can be tweeted once a day
- Post about this giveaway on your Facebook status: Enter to win 7 fabulous giveaways on City Mom: today’s giveaway includes phthalate-free nail polish for children from Suncoat Products http://tinyurl.com/3v8rlkj – Can be posted once a day
- Share this post in any other format below under the orange ‘Share’ button. Leave a comment letting me know where you shared it.
- Follow City Mom on Google Friend Connect
- Subscribe to (and confirm) City Mom’s free updates (top right sidebar)
- Enter any of the other 7 Days of Giveaways features (1 comment for each giveaway)
- Place the 7 Days of Giveaways badge on your blog. Include the link to follow.
- The Suncoat giveaway will run from June 29 – July 7 at 6 p.m. ET
- Entries are open to Canadian residents
- One winner will be chosen (using And the Winner Is) and will be notified at the email address used upon entry
- The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the notification and failure to do so will result in a new winner selection
- Winners are eligible to win more than one giveaway in the 7 Days of Giveaways feature
Good luck and thanks for entering!