Spicy Feta Turkey Burgers
Today in City Mom’s Kitchen, Bernice Robinson of Bernice Robinson Personal Training Studio joins us to share her Spicy Feta Turkey Burgers recipe. This is one of the meals Bernice includes in her nutrition plan that compliments her personal training programs.
If you thought that Bernice looked a little different in the cooking segment than she did in the training segments you’re right. We taped the cooking segment before we taped the training pieces and Bernice had a huge hair change in between. Not only did she cut her long hair, she also changed the colour too. So don’t be alarmed, you’re not seeing things!
Now to the good stuff…
SPICY FETA TURKEY BURGERS
I love these turkey burgers. They are easy to make, tasty and a hit for the whole family. And as Bernice suggests, doubling the recipe is a great idea because they freeze well and it saves you time for next week!
Makes two servings. You may want to double or triple and freeze for next week.
- 8 oz extra-lean ground turkey
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 2-3 Tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- 1tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- ¼ cup crumbled light feta
- 2 whole grain hamburger buns (preferably burger first brand)
- 2 Tbsp light tzatziki sauce
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 tomato slices
- Mix all ingredients, up to and including parsley, thoroughly by hand in a large bowl. Gently mix in feta. Form into two patties one inch thick and place on BBQ grill or skillet. Cook for six to seven minutes on each side, or until center is no longer pink.
- Place patties on half of each bun with one tablespoon of tzatziki , one lettuce leaf and one tomato slice. Serve with sweet potato fries and a huge green salad.
Calories 275, total fats 8g, Sat 3g, trans 0, carbs 13g, sugar 2g, protein 34g