City Mom’s Kitchen: Red Moose Catering Co. Top Secret Chili
WARNING: Don’t let your kids watch this segment!
This week in City Mom’s Kitchen we have a secret to share! Well, it’s not actually my secret, it’s Chef Jeff’s from The Red Moose Catering Company. He shares his top secret chili recipe that is jam-packed with healthy vegetables, fragrant spices and a variety of hearty, fibre packed beans.
But the secret?
It’s the fact that the veggies are ‘hidden’ within the chili. No one will be able to tell. Not you and definitely not those sometimes picky children of yours. Shhh! Don’t tell the kids.
THE RED MOOSE CATERING CO. CHILI
Perfect for this cool fall weather! Chef Jeff finishes this dish off by adding cheddar cheese, sour cream and cookie cutter tortilla chips.
- 1 lbs ground turkey
- 2 cans plum tomatoes
- 1 bottle of malt beer or non alcoholic malt beer
- 1 can of 6 bean variety
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup onions
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup carrots
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to fry pan and brown turkey on med to med high heat till reaches temp of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Drain excess fat and set aside.
- In large pot add 1 tbsp oil and add carrot, celery, onion and garlic.
- Cook on medium to med high heat until it becomes soft.
- Add beer, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Adjust heat to bring pot to a simmer and simmer for 10 15 min.
- Puree ingredients and add turkey.
- Simmer for another 15 min and serve.
Note: This recipe is great for freezing for future meals.