Spice Up Your Super Bowl Party!
Did I fool you there? Did I sound like I actually knew what I was talking about?
I am a sports girl. I love my soccer, hockey, track and field and many other sports, but football is not my cup of tea. I can’t stand to play it and don’t even get me started about watching it. But one thing I do like is a good old party and even better, hosting a party. In this circumstance, and this one only, I can tolerate some football.
When planning any type of entertaining menu, you can count on Life Made Delicious to inspire the best of celebrations.
I wanted to try out one of the many Chex Mix recipes that LMD offers. I love party foods that promote a handful here and a handful there. I’m also a sucker for both sweet and salty types of foods.
SWEET AND SPICY HONEY NUT CHEX MIX
Yum! This recipe not only marries sweet and salty but also adds a nice little zip with cayenne pepper and cumin. The raisins create an alternate texture and some sweetness to the mixture, rounding this out as a super satisfying party treat. And bonus, it’s gluten free!
Be sure to check out the other fun Chex Mix recipes at lifemadedelicious.ca.
- 4 cups (1 L) Honey Nut Chex* cereal
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) roasted salted sunflower nuts or hulled pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) warm water
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) salt
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) raisins
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereal, peanuts and sunflower nuts; set aside.
- In small bowl, mix honey and warm water. Stir in salt, cumin and red pepper until blended. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Stir in raisins. Microwave 1 minute longer. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Store in airtight container.
What’s your favourite party recipe? Are you a Super Bowl fan?
Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.
Image (football) courtesy of John Kasawa/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net