10 Delicious Easter Brunch Recipes
I love food! Enough said right?
Anytime you merge two mealtimes into one you know it’s going to be fun! So, this Easter why not throw a festive and delicious brunch including recipes from Canada’s Life Made Delicious.
From Bunny Rabbit Pancakes that the kids will love to an Asparagus and Swiss Bake that will be a hit with more mature pallets, there is something for everyone on LMD’s Top 10 spring brunch collection.
HEALTHY & SWEET
In our home sweet breakfast items are always at the top of the breakfast menu wish list. I plan to combine two LMD recipes and swap a couple of items to add a little more nutrition to a family-fav!
Check out my creation below:
FIBRE 1 BLUEBERRY BUNNY RABBIT PANCAKES
- 1 cup (250 mL) Fibre 1 original cereal
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cups (300 mL) buttermilk or milk
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Xylitol
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ½ cup (125 mL) fresh or frozen (thawed) blueberries
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) raisins
- 8 pieces (each 11/2-inches/4 cm) red string licorice
- 4 maraschino cherries
- Maple Syrup
- If desired, crush cereal by placing in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and crush with rolling-pin or meat mallet (or crush in food processor). In medium bowl, beat egg with wire whisk or fork. Beat in buttermilk, oil and cereal; let stand about 5 minutes or until cereal is soft. Beat in remaining ingredients except blueberries. Gently stir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) blueberries.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375°F. Grease griddle with vegetable oil if necessary (or spray with cooking spray before heating).
- For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup (50 mL) batter on hot griddle (if batter is too thick, stir in additional milk, 1 tablespoon/15 mL at a time, until as thin as desired). Cook pancakes until puffed and full of bubbles but before bubbles break. Turn; cook other sides until golden brown.
- On four dinner plates, stack 2 pancakes each.
- Use additional pancake to cut ears and bow tie.
- For bunny’s face, arrange 2 raisins for eyes, cherry for nose and licorice for mouth.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and garnish with raisins.
What’s your favourite brunch recipe?
Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.