City Mom’s No Bake Margarita Cheesecake
I am a huge fan of taking regular dishes and putting a spin on their traditional recipe. I also love to serve food in individual glasses that you would normally see presented on a plate. That is why I had so much fun creating this recipe.
ONE TEQUILA, TWO TEQUILA…
Nothing says summer like an ice-cold margarita but not everyone is a fan of this tequila-based cocktail…but almost everyone is a fan of the dessert course! So why not create a cheesecake margarita?
That is exactly what I did. This no-bake version is so easy to make (and saves the extra heat in the kitchen on a hot summer’s day) yet so impressive looking. Served almost right out of the freezer, this recipe satisfies both the sweet tooth and the need for a cooldown.
Enjoy this recipe this summer and if you are a tequila fan, be sure to include a shot on the side!
NO BAKE MARGARITA CHEESECAKE
- 1½ cup finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh juice
- 1 cup fat-free Coolwhip
- 1 tablespoon + more for garnish Lime zest
- Extra sugar for glass rim
- 1 - 2 limes sliced for garnish
- Wet the rim of each margarita glass
- Add sugar to plate large enough to accommodate diameter of margarita glass
- Turn glass upside down and place into the sugar, turn glass a few times to coat the rim with sugar
- In a bowl, mix together graham crackers with melted butter and the 3 tablespoons of sugar
- Spoon & press into the bottom part of each margarita glass
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese, ⅓ cup of sugar and lime juice
- Fold Coolwhip into cream cheese mixture
- Add 1 tablespoon of lime zest, stir
- Divide mixture evenly and spoon into each glass
- Sprinkle with extra lime zest
- Freeze for 1 hour
- Place in refrigerator 30 minutes before serving
- Add 1 lime slice to rim of each glass (note, cut a small slit into lime to “hook” onto glass)