Essential Oils was a topic that I was very curious about, but I will admit, it seemed overwhelming to me; I had no idea where to start and I wasn’t sure I could afford what it would cost to get started.
Enter Alexandra Kingston, dōTERRA Independent Wellness Advocate. With Alexandra’s help, I was able to try a few of the most popular essential oils from the dōTERRA line. I was also able to sit down for a Q & A session with Alexandra to gain some insight on the uses and benefits of essential oils.
Q&A WITH ALEXANDRA KINGSTON – dōTERRA WELLNESS ADVOCATE
- What attracted you to working with dōTerra Essential Oils?
- I did a lot of research and but what really got me about dōTERRA was the CPTG, Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade. This means their oils are free of pesticides and contaminants. There is 3rd party testing used to certify purity, chemistry and potency, and the plants are sourced from their native ( indigenous) growing region.
- If you had only 30 seconds to explain the benefits of essential oils, what would you say?
- I would tell people that essential oils are compounds naturally extracted from plants ( flowers, stems, bark, roots, etc.) Oils are 50-70 times more potent than herbs. Essential oils can penetrate the cell membrane to fight viruses, antibiotics cannot.
- What positive impacts have you seen within your family by using dōTerra oils?
- I have made gradual changes over the past few years and have eliminated almost all cleaning products and now I make my own. I have spent a lot of time researching the products I was using on myself and my children and have found that most of these ( bath soap, tooth paste, laundry soap, hand soap, dryer sheets etc.) can be and have been replaced in my home with a much safer and natural approach. I cook with my essential oils, I clean with my essential oils and I support my family’s health with essential oils.
- If someone wanted to easily get started using essential oils, but didn’t know how or where to start, what would you suggest?
- I would suggest a starter kit, the basics, our top ten essential oils in a kit with hundreds of ideas on how to use them.
- How can someone become a dōTerra member?
- You can shop retail on my website, or you can purchase your own membership, similar to a Costco membership. $42 for a one year membership which lets you shop at wholesale as often or as little as you want. There are also Canadian enrollment kits available that will include the membership right in there and come with different oils and accessories.
MY dōTERRA EXPERIENCE
I started with the Introductory Kit by dōTerra which includes the Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint essential oils. Alexandra had also included an extensive list on all the different uses for these three oils. From odor reduction to polishing wood floors to easing sore joints, the uses for essential oils are endless.
Perhaps my favourite use of the essential oils I was given was the Peppermint Essential Oil used on mosquito bites. Not only does it stop the itch, it soothes the pain in a minty, tingly way!
I also found many uses for the Lavender (aromatic, soothing bath…ahhh) and Lemon (cleaning my stainless steel appliances naturally, easily and beautifully smelling) essential oils. There are an endless array of uses. And I’ve just scratched the surface; there are over 60 different oils to choose from.
Like Patchouli for a glowing complexion or Thyme to promote alertness; lift your mood with Ylang Ylang or sooth your family’s dry winter skin with Ginger.
A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY
The dōTerra Essential Oil bottles may look small, but that is because, as Alexandra mentioned, they are up to 70% more potent than regular herbs. Add a drop or two to your bath and it goes a long way. Diffuse your oils, dilute them with water or use them topically, one bottle will last you a long time.
LEARN MORE AND CONNECT WITH ALEXANDRA
There are so many amazing products offered by dōTerra and I highly recommend that you take a look at Alexandra’s site to discover all of the exciting options. By now we are all aware that many of our traditional products are filled with unhealthy chemicals; there is no better time than now to start investigating essential oils.
Find Alexandra on Instagram or contact her through email. She’ll be able to get you started on your journey with essential oils.
ENTER TO WIN YOUR OWN dōTERRA INTRO KIT
Alexandra is passionate about sharing her love and knowledge of essential oils and how they can enhance your and that of your family’s health. Today she is offering on City Mom reader one dōTERRA Introductory Kit which includes one each 5ml Lavender, Lemon and Peppermint essential oils.
Please use the widget below to enter to win. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway