If you have a special female to buy for this holiday season you can end your search because she will love the Rowenta Curl Active! Read on to learn the cool facts about this hair appliance and enter for a chance to win your own!
ROWENTA CURL ACTIVE
I love to add curls and volume to my hair for special occasions or just to change things up once in a while. My hair is pretty close to pin-straight so in order to achieve a good look I need a pretty powerful tool. In the past I was using my flatiron to create waves and it worked well, but I absolutely love the Curl Active in place of this as it’s a better tool for the job.
Here are tope five things I love about the Rowenta Curl Active:
- HighTechCurling™ Technology: perhaps the most notable feature of the Curl Active is the self-spinning, motorized barrel. It really makes a big difference in creating the perfect curl. You simply secure your hair at the end with the on-handle triggered clip and press the rotation button and the rest is done for you.
- Barrel Diameter: The titanium barrel is the perfect width for on trend curls. At 1 ¼ inch width, it creates loose, chunky curls rather than small ringlets. The barrel is coated with a tourmaline-boosted ceramic coating which makes gentle, infrared heat so it’s safe for your hair.
- Style Options: The barrel can rotate either right or left so you can create different styles of curls.
- Temperature: I also love that there are two temperature settings because I have thin strands and too much heat can be damaging. You can choose 350°F for thin hair or 400°F for thicker hair.
- Safety: I don’t have to tell you that 400°F is hot so I love the safety feature included that causes the barrel to automatically spin back when it reaches the root so it never touches the scalp.
USING THE ROWENTA CURL ACTIVE
I’m not a very hair savvy person. I’ve never felt I can style my hair as good as they do at the salon and I lack the coordination it takes to blow-dry with a round brush. With this in mind, I may have a bigger learning curve than most but I did find learning to use the Curl Active a bit trying.
After a few practice runs, I was able to get the hang of it and create a photo-worthy style. If you’re good with hair appliances you should have no problem, but if you struggle like me, plan on a few tries before getting it just right.
The biggest stumbling block I had was figuring out how to get the barrel moving in the direction I wanted but after just a couple of strands I got the hang of it. I also had trouble remembering to reset the clip to the front at the start of each curl, but again, practice makes perfect and I soon got into the habit.
Just in time for the holidays, Rowenta Beauty has partnered with Trade Secrets to offer the Curl Active at a special holiday price. The Rowenta Curl Active usually sells for $179.99 which is a reasonable price in my opinion based on the quality of the tool. Until December 24, 2013, you can buy the Curl Active at Trade Secrets and select salons for $99.95! That is an $80.00 saving!
Today on City Mom you can enter to win your own Rowenta Curl Active! The contest is open to Canadian residents only. Please see rules and regulations in Rafflecopter widget.
Good luck & Happy Holidays!